Saturday, April 21, 2012

Massuman

If you know me, you'll know I love Thai food. 
My favourite curry is by far Panang Curry.

However, despite my love for a good Panang, this post is about a Massuman Curry we made at home one night.

Massuman is typically made with red meats such as beef and teamed with potato and onion. 
It has a similar flavour to a red curry, but with peanuts and with more of a 'meaty' flavour. 
Hence, this is a dish I rarely order at Thai restaurants.

None-the-less, we managed to turn this Massuman Curry into a chicken based curry with vegetables.


The chicken and potatoes heating in the Massuman curry base.


Vege's in the Massuman curry paste.


Adding the coconut milk.

with rice - yum!

This curry turned out to be one of the tastiest curries we've ever made at home!
So homely and bursting with flavour, it's the perfect curry to have on a cold night!

Who would have thought a Thai dish which is typically cooked with red meat can be turned into a delicious meal that my vegetarian self can also enjoy!

YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment