- 4 Scotch fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp Chinese five-spice
- A fresh red chilli
- A thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Olive oil and butter
- 1 packet egg noodles
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp raw crushed garlic
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chilli
- Chopped coriander, spring onion and a squeeze of lime/lemon to serve.
- Toss the beef with salt, pepper, five-spice, ginger, garlic, chilli and oil. Put into the large frying pan with olive oil and butter, until cooked medium-rare. Wrap in foil to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles according to packet directions and keep noodle broth after draining noodles.
- Put the soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey and raw garlic and chilli in a bowl. Pour 1 cup noodle broth over and stir until well combined. Add cooked egg noodles to soy-honey broth.
- Top with slices of beef, coriander, chopped spring onions (some more chilli if you dare!) and a good squeeze of lime or lemon.
Note: this recipe can also be done with chicken.
Just drain away any excess fat from the chicken pan after frying chicken; put back on the heat; drizzle with the sweet chilli sauce and toss with the sesame seeds until crispy. Slice into chunks and add to noodle broth.