From my experience of Halloween in Canada I can confidently say that everything is PUMPKIN.
Think of every type of food you have ever eaten.
Now transform that food into a pumpkin version of itself - add pumpkin, flavour it with pumpkin, shape the product in a pumpkin shape - hell – dip it into pumpkin puree! - and this is what America and Canada do obsessively during Halloween.
I love pumpkin, don’t get me wrong. Do I believe it should be added to every biscuit, cereal, breakfast, lunch, dinner that exists? Possibly not…
Good on them I say – why not embrace pumpkin this Halloween?!
In honour of my Canadian buddies and combined with my love for coffee and cinnamon – I came across a Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe that I thought I should give a go!
Here it is:
(Vegan) Pumpkin Spice Latte
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus more for garnish)
- 2/3 cup strongly brewed coffee
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, pumpkin and maple syrup until well combined. Heat until warmed through and frothy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and coffee. Whisk rapidly until latte is frothy.
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle top with more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
It was actually delicious and easy to make! I would actually recommend you give it a go!
MMM oh Pumpkin .