Monday, October 8, 2012

Gypsy Tapas - Freo

Tapas is normally something that either leaves me with an empty stomach or an empty wallet.

I never venture out for tapas for this reason as I leave wanting to grab a takeaway meal on my way home and so poor I could have had a couple of main meals at any other restaurant.

Gypsy Tapas in Freo have a variety of tapas dishes all for $8.

Seafood, meat, vegetables or some olives in a bowl - it's all the same price.

For $30/head you can have a banquet where the Chef choses tapas dishes for your table. 
For $40/head you can have unlimited tapas dishes for two hours.

I'm coming back for the unlimited menu :)

P.S. Gypsy Tapas have jugs of homemade Sangria!


Marinated Artichokes and Peppers (by far the best!)
Stuffed Capsicum with rice
Lemon mustard beans
BBQ'd prawns



Toasted turkish bread
Olives
Home-made hummus dip (AMAZING)
Meat balls
Chicken wings
Marinated fetta
Choritzo
and some others I can't recall

Apologies for the poor quality photos... dim lighting + the excitement to eat all the dishes left no time or patience for photography.

Gorgeous little restaurant, cute waiters, live music, sangria jugs and good company.

I'll be back.


Gypsy Tapas House on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, looks like a few good vegan options in there too! I might have to swing by one night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh there are so many tapas choices! I personally know there are plenty of vegetarian options! The menu borad changes with specials each day too I think :)

      Delete